Wednesday 30 September 2015

Trump on O’Reilly: ‘I’m back’

Donald Trump

Donald Trump

Donald Trump set aside his declared boycott of Fox News and returned to the cable outlet’s national airwaves, taking to the “O’Reilly Factor” to tell host Bill O’Reilly in triumphant tones: “I’m back.”

He then added: “It feels good,” the Hill reported.

Get the hottest, most important news stories on the Internet – delivered FREE to your inbox as soon as they break! Take just 30 seconds and sign up for WND’s Email News Alerts!

Trump’s return to the cable airwaves ushers in the end of a days-long self-imposed boycott that he said came because of unfair Fox treatment. A week ago, Trump put out a tweet that read: “Fox News has been treating me very unfairly & I have therefore decided that I won’t be doing any more Fox shows for the foreseeable future,” as WND reported. Fox, meanwhile, said the boycott only came in anger to the last-minute cancellation of Trump’s appearance on Fox’s “O’Reilly Factor.”

Regardless, Trump soon after agreed to a sit-down with Fox chairman Roger Ailes, set for sometime this week, and called off his boycott. Tuesday evening, he finally hit the “O’Reilly Factor” stage and answered questions about his campaign – including several related to his attacks on other candidates.

O’Reilly asked, the Hill reported: “Am I fair to say that for you to win, you’ll have to change your style and be kinder and more mature?”

And Trump’s response: “I think it’s fair. I think ‘mature’ is probably not appropriate, but I think it’s certainly fair. … But it’s not going to be a question of nice. I think I’m a nice person. I have great relationships. … I help people. I love people. But it’s not going to be that. It’s going to be a question of confidence, because people are tired of being pushed around by every country in the world.”

O’Reilly also raised the issue of Trump’s public characterization of fellow Republican presidential candidate Sen. Marco Rubio as a “clown” and “baby,” and asked: “Would it be unfair if I told you that calling Sen. Rubio a clown is not presidential?”

Do you support Donald Trump’s no-nonsense candidacy? Tell the world with this brand new magnetic bumper sticker: “DONALD TRUMPS THE REST”

Trump said no, but then cited reasons.

“No, I don’t think you’d be unfair,” he said, the Hill reported. “But I have to tell you how that all started. I was getting along with him perfectly fine. Two weeks ago, everything was fine. I don’t really know him. And then all of a sudden, he attacks me about nothing, really attacked me quite viciously and I fought back … I’m a counter-puncher.”

Trump also criticized Rubio on immigration, saying he has “the worst voting record in the Senate” on that score.

 


from PropagandaGuard https://propagandaguard.wordpress.com/2015/09/30/trump-on-oreilly-im-back/




from WordPress https://toddmsiebert.wordpress.com/2015/09/30/trump-on-oreilly-im-back/

No comments:

Post a Comment