Mike Huckabee
Mike Huckabee, former Arkansas governor and recent candidate for president, issued scathing criticisms against those in the Republican camp who’ve waged war on Donald Trump, saying what these “party insiders” are doing is simply handing the White House to one of the worst politicians to come forward in decades, Hillary Clinton.
“What they are doing is they are just giving the most flawed Democratic candidate since George McGovern the White House,” he said, during an interview on “Aaron Klein Investigative Radio,” on New York’s AM 970 and Philadelphia’s NewsTalk 990. “That would be absurd.”
Huckabee dropped his own bid for the White House after failing to pick up steam during the Iowa caucuses. He’s since come on strong for Trump, saying the voters have spoken and it seems like most want the chance an outsider could bring.
“Some of the people in the party, conservative leaders, who feel like that, well, if they didn’t get their guy, they are just going to quit,” Huckabee said, Breibart reported. “Well, maybe they will. But Donald Trump, like it or not, has brought people to the Republican Party who have never been with us before.”
Huckabee then said Trump was actually performing a valuable service to the GOP, and party insiders ought to be grateful.
“Rather than nitpick everything we don’t like about Donald Trump, what we ought to do is say, ‘Thank you, Mr. Trump, for bringing people into the party, broadening the base and giving us the opportunity to take Hillary out,’” he said. “Which I think he has the best opportunity to do. And I believe he will win.”
Huckabee then doubled down on his support for Trump and said he would do whatever he could to help the presumptive nominee win against likely Democratic pick, Clinton.
“I’m a guy who spent a year of my life walking away from a wonderful living to go and campaign, only to be defeated, just like everybody else, by Donald Trump,” he said, Breitbart reported. “You know, I’m not going to take my ball and go home. I’m going to pick up the pieces and I’m going to go help Donald Trump defeat Hillary Clinton. Because I guarantee you, whatever decisions he makes, whether it’s Supreme Court appointments, or whether it’s the leadership in dealing with immigration policy or dealing with threats of ISIS or other radical Islamists, Donald Trump is going to be far better for us. I guarantee you Vladimir Putin isn’t going to be flying fighter jets 30 feet above a U.S. destroyer if Donald Trump was in the White House. With Hillary, they’ll do more than just fly by.”
![]()
from PropagandaGuard https://propagandaguard.wordpress.com/2016/05/16/huckabee-blasts-gops-trump-haters-as-harmful/
from WordPress https://toddmsiebert.wordpress.com/2016/05/16/huckabee-blasts-gops-trump-haters-as-harmful/
No comments:
Post a Comment