Wednesday 29 April 2015

Baltimore ‘Mom of Year’ feared for protesting son

ToyaGraham

Toya Graham

The Baltimore mother whose videotaped smack=down of her protesting son captured the eyes of the media world said she only chastised him in the streets out of love and fear, and because her maternal instincts kicked into high gear.

“I was shocked,” said Toya Graham, the Baltimore mother of six who has been featured in various media reports, including WND, in the last day for her very public dress=down of her son, whom she discovered by turning on the television was protesting in the streets.

Get the hottest, most important news stories on the Internet – delivered FREE to your inbox as soon as they break! Take just 30 seconds and sign up for WND’s Email News Alerts!

“I was angry,” she continued, explaining her initial reaction when she saw her son on television, CBS News reported. “You never want to see your child out there doing that. At that point, I just lost it.”

Graham said she raced to the area where her son, 16-year-old Michael, was pictured on television to talk some sense into him. Her actions, captured on video, including smacking him in the head, grabbing hold of his black hoodie and pulling him through the streets while a crowd of protesters and bystanders watched.

For that, she’s been dubbed in media as “Mom of the Year.”

And her son’s reaction?

“He knew he was in trouble,” she said, the New York Post reported. “He said, ‘When I seen you, Ma, my instinct was to run.’ [‘m a no-tolerant mother. Everybody that knows me, know I don’t play that.”

She said she’s grounded her son on many prior occasions to keep him from the trouble of the streets.

“There’s some days that I’ll shield him in the house just so he won’t go outside and I know that I can’t do that for the rest of my life,” she said. “Is he a perfect boy? No he’s not. But he’s mine.”


from PropagandaGuard https://propagandaguard.wordpress.com/2015/04/29/baltimore-mom-of-year-feared-for-protesting-son/




from WordPress https://toddmsiebert.wordpress.com/2015/04/29/baltimore-mom-of-year-feared-for-protesting-son/

No comments:

Post a Comment